Doodle Art #2 Card
Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Get creative with your project backgrounds with this intricate die.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die – Doodle Art #2
- Sizzix Making Essential - Express Glue, 120ml
- Sizzix Accessory - Curved Fine-Tip Tweezers
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 Neutral Colors, 60 Sheets
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
- Sizzix Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool w/Replacement Sponge
- Sizzix Adhesive Sheets - 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets
- Sizzix Accessory - Multi-Tool
- Sizzix Accessory - Ink Pad & Acrylic Block
Other Supplies: Cardstock (White), Ink Pads (Various Colors), Paper Trimmer, Stamp Sentiment, Water Spritzer
- Cut a 6" x 6" panel of black cardstock and adhere an adhesive sheet to the back of the cardstoc.k Die-cut into the doodle art pattern from the Doodle Art #2 die. Cut around the perimeter of the die cut pattern to create a panel, leaving a slight edge around all four sides of the pattern.
- Cut from white cardstock a desired card base size and fold the panel in half to create a card base. The front panel should be large enough to accommodate the black frame cut in Step 1.
- Cut a panel of white cardstock slightly larger than the die-cut black panel.
- With the Blending Tool, ink color in a desired pattern across one whole side of the white cardstock panel. Blend chosen colors into one another then spray the colors a couple of times with a water spritzer. Set aside the inked panel to dry. This will give the inked panel a blotted effect once it dries.
- Once dry, center and adhere the die cut black panel to the front of the inked panel.
- Adhere the panel with foam tape to the front of the card base at a slightly offset angle.
- Stamp a sentiment of choice onto a piece fo white cardstock and cut around the sentiment with a paper trimmer. Adhere the sentiment to the card front where desired with foam tape.