Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Use our new colorize die to create a personalized card.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 10PK – Gertrude, Colorize
- Sizzix Making Essential - Express Glue, 120ml
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colors)
- Sizzix Adhesive Sheets - 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets
- Sizzix Accessory - Curved Fine-Tip Tweezers
- Sizzix Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Cream), Paper Trimmer, Printed Sentiment
- Select desired cardstock colors for each layer of the dies in the Getrude die set.
- Adhere adhesive sheets to the back of each of these choosen colors.
- Following the color instructions on the back of each die, die-cut out of desired cardstock colors all of the elements from the Gertrude die set.
- Assemble and adhere the die cut elements together by following the etched instructional colors and numbers on the back of each die.
- Cut a size of yellow cardstock to create a folded card base. Cut a panel of gray cardstock, as shown in the image.
- On a piece of cream cardstock, print the sentiment “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”. Cut the cream cardstock as shown in the image, ensuring that the printed sentiment is positioned to the right so that it will not be covered by Gertrude. Adhere the cream and gray panels to the card front with double-sided adhesive.
- Adhere Getrude directly to the left of the printed sentiment on the card front.