Retro Type Frame
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Make this mixed media retro home decor frame.
Themes: House & Home
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Retro Type
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies: Sentiment stamp, Paper Pad - Etcetera (Tim Holtz/idea-ology), Gray board, Gray card, Black and gray acrylic paint, Black gesso, Assorted Distress Oxide Inks, Postmark Stamp, Silver gilding wax, Square black frame 6” x 6”, Black and grey stamp Ink
- Die-cut two ‘Retrotype’ typewriters from gray board and trim away the roller/return lever away from the second die-cut using a craft knife.
- Paint both die-cuts with black gesso and once dry, apply a little gray acrylic using a dry brush technique.
- Strategically apply silver gilding wax to add contrast in key areas before mounting the two die-cuts together.
- Apply some Rusty Hinge and Pumice Stone Distress Oxide Ink directly onto the face of a craft mat and spritz with clean water before blotting with a rectangle of gray card. Allow to dry and deepen the color around the edge with Black soot Distress Oxide Ink.
- Stamp the rectangle with the sentiment and add some postage mark detail with light gray ink.
- Slide the stamped rectangle into the typewriter and attach some 3-D adhesive foam pads to the rear.
- Cut a suitable piece of patterned card to size and insert into the black box frame before mounting the assembled typewriter.