Bird Scene Home Décor
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Colorful and fun home decor project.
Themes: House & Home
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 14PK – Bird Scene
- Sizzix Adhesive Sheets - 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Cardstock (White), Acrylic Paint (White), Colored Pencils, Foam Brush, Liquid Adhesive, Gold Foil Sheet, Paintbrush, Watercolor Palette, Watercolor Paper, Wood Frame
- Paint a wood frame in white acrylic and set aside to dry.
- Cut a panel of white cardstock to fit in the frame opening. Adhere the white panel to the frame opening with an adhesive of choice.
- Apply an adhesive sheet to one side of a sheet of watercolor paper. Die-cut out of the watercolor paper all the bird elements, two branches, a variety flowers and leaves from the Bird Scene die set. (*Note: If dimension is desired, do not die-cut the flowers and leaves with an adhesive sheet on the back. These elements can be paper sculpted to appear more dimensional.)
- Watercolor all of the die-cut elements in a desired color palette. Once dry, layer and adhere the bird elements together.
- Adhere a branch to the right, upper-hand side and another to the left, lower-hand side of the white panel.
- Adhere the bird to center of the lower branch and adhere the water colored leaves and flower die-cuts as desired along the two branches.
- Apply adhesive along the edges of the white frame and allow the adhesive to dry until it is tacky. Dab a gold foil sheet on top of the now tacky glue to transfer the foil to the frame.