Doodle Art Card
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Create this on trend card with our latest die collection.
Themes: Birthday & Party
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die – Doodle Art
- Sizzix Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool w/Replacement Sponge
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Tim Holtz Distress inks, White card, A stamp of your choice or a computer and printer, PVA Glue, Thin Black string
- Using a computer and printer (or a stamp) print a decorative sentiment on a piece of white card. Cut a square around the sentiment and back onto a slightly bigger piece of black card using PVA glue. This creates the small sentiment square on the front of the card (pictured.)
- Fold a sheet of white A4 card in half to make a greeting card shape. On one side of the card die-cut the Doodle Art die using the Sizzix Big Shot Machine.
- Cut the card to size, horizontally using a guillotine, leave a 1cm gap on each side of the die-cut area as shown below. (The card pictured opens from the bottom.)
- Using the Guillotine, cut a slightly smaller square of card to fit inside your outer card.
- On the front of the smaller cutting of card, use various shades of Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Blend from one color to the other.
- Use a spray water bottle to spray water on the inked area. Let this dry to create a speckled effect. A piece of kitchen paper can be used to dab some of the color away from the sprayed area.
- Using PVA glue, stick the inked card element behind the die-cut appature so that the blended colors show through.
- Using a thin piece of black string, attach the sentiment element from step 1 as shown below.