This card is perfect for Valentine's Day, giving a geometric twist to the classic heart!
Themes: Basic Shapes
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4PK – Geo Frames
- Sizzix Crochet #2 Thinlits Die Set (3 PK)
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory - Paper Sculpting Kit
- Sizzix Tool - Heat Tool, Dual Speed
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Tim Holtz® Stapler, Tim Holtz® Distress Inks, Silver, Cream & White Card, Your choice of stamps, PVA Glue, Guillotine , Adhesive Gems, Thin string
- Using your Big Shot Machine, die-cut all elements seen below. The element with the sentiment can be hand-cut using the scissors from the Paper Sculpting Kit.
- Using tweezers, pinch and twist the petals of the flower element to create a dimensional fold down the middle.
- Measue and cut your white and cream card using a guillotine. The white card should be slightly bigger than the cream so that a white border is created when laid over each other.
- Stick the cream card to the front of the white.
- On the cream card, use your choice of stamps with different colors of Distress Ink. (Tip: remove some of the ink from the stamp on a scrap piece of paper or craft mat to make the stamped elements more subtle.) For this I chose to use pink and gray. On your hand cut element, stamp a sentiment using a gray distress ink.
- Layer the die-cut elements (and the sentiment) as shown below using PVA Glue. By having some elements resting on others, you can create a dimensional effect. Add a gem to the centre of your flower.
- Finally, add a small amount of string, displayed in loose loops. This can be attached to the make using a Tim Holtz stapler.