New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
This stylish Roses card shows how to get the best out of your embossing folders! Use ink and paint to really show off those 3D textures!
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Embossing Folder – Roses
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies: Cream card, Your choice of stamps, PVA Glue, Guillotine , Spray Water Bottle
- Spray a piece of black card with water using spray water bottle. Then place the square of black paper inside the Roses Embossing Folder and close it.
- Using your Big Shot, pass the card and embossing folder through the machine.
- Once the embossed card is dry, take some acrylic paint and apply it to a scrunched piece of kitchen paper. Drag this over the paper, so that it picks up the raised elements. Repeat this with another color.
- Using a guillotine, cut the black embossed card into an imperfect square shape. Ensure that the top right corner is cut to a right-angle.
- Fold an A5 piece of cream card in half to make a typical greetings card shape. Stick the black embossed card element to the front so that the top right corners meet.
- Use a Stamp sentiment of your choosing with a Sizzix black ink pad. Stamp the sentiment at a slightly diagonal angle. I stamped mine so that it ran parallel with the bottom of the black card.