Deck The Halls
Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 10PK - Deck the Halls, Colorize™
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory - Crease & Curl Tool
Other supplies: Glue, Distress inks, Silver Cardstock, PVA Glue, A stamp of your choice or a printer, Small Gems
- Pre-print the lettered sentiment on the front of your card on cream cardstock, leaving space for the die-cut element in the centre. If you do not have access to a printer, these sentiments could be stamped using a chosen stamp and Sizzix black stamping ink.
- Trim and fold your card using your Sizzix Crease & Curl Tool.
- Using your Sizzix Big Shot Machine die-cut all elements from the layered elements pictured below. The respective colours for each piece are labelled on the backs of the dies e.g. Red 1, Red 2, Blue etc. (I cut snowflakes in silver cardstock for this make)
- Using Sizzix Tweezers carefully build your elements. This can be built in stages as labelled e.g. green 1: first layer, Green 2: second layer, Green 3 Third layer. Repeat for Red elements.
- When you are happy with the look of your design, stick them in the centre of your pre-printed sentiment, on the folded card.
- Lastly, place the silver die-cut snowflakes around randomly until you are happy with the design. Add small gems to the front of the snowflakes.