Patchwork Bird Card
Get into the Christmas spirit with this patchwork bird Christmas card.
Other Supplies: Stamps, Assorted Distress Inks, Assorted Acrylic Inks, Gesso, Spritzer, Greyboard, Paintbrush, White, metallic and Ivory Cardstock, Black Fine Liner, Glue, Brown Acrylic Paint
- Using the Big Shot Machine, die-cut Tree Rings, Mini (664232) and emboss with the folder that accompanies the die.
- Paint the tree rings with white gesso and leave to dry before applying various shades of brown acrylic. Use a dry brush technique to enhance the embossed detail.
- Apply a little white gesso to a craft mat and water down to a milky consistency before splattering a little onto the tree rings.
- Cut a piece of white card large enough to cover the body of the bird. Apply various shades of red and brown Distress Ink directly onto a craft mat before spritzing with clean water.
- Place the card face down into the ink and dry with a heat tool. Repeat if necessary, with different shades of brown/red until you achieve the desired effect.
- Dry the cardstock with the heat tool and die-cut the Patchwork Bird shape. Repeat for all the parts of the bird using a variety of colours/shades to increase the contrast when assembled.
- Use the fine black marker to draw around the perimeter before assembling the bird.
- Use the Circle Words, Christmas die set (664205) to die-cut the sentiment from metallic card.
- Cut a rectangle of ivory card slightly bigger than the music stamp and apply an assortment of Distress Inks to mimic the appearance of old paper before lightly spritzing with clean water. Once dry, Stamp the music onto the card and distress the edges.
- Gently ink around the perimeter of the base card using Antique Linen distress Ink before stamping the stars and the postmarks.
- Assemble all of the die-cut elements and sheet music before mounting onto the base card.