Growing up in a family of artists, Katelyn has been drawing ever since she can remember. As a graduate from California State University, Fullerton, Katelyn received her B.F.A. in Illustration. Throughout her career, she has worked as a graphic designer and freelance illustrator. Her style is whimsical, colorful and laced with delicately patterned details. When she is not designing products for Sizzix, Katelyn spends her free time painting children's book illustrations and blogging about her art adventures.View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Follow our step by step instructions and create this super colourful notebook.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 96PK - Alphanumeric Classic Lower
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 65PK - Alphanumeric Classic Upper
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Accessory - Paper Sculpting Kit
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory - Felt Sheets, 10PK (10 Colours Bold)
- Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Traveler's Notebook Pages & Pockets
Other supplies: Pink Heart Button, Four Blue Buttons, Blue String, Needle, Grey Thread, Blue Thread, Fabric Glue, Crayons, Printed Colouring Sheet
- Using your Sizzix Big Shot Machine die-cut Sizzix Bigz XL Die – Traveler’s Notebook Pages & Pockets (663627) out of Sizzix Accessory – Felt Sheets, 10PK, 10 Colours Bold (663008) in teal and grey.
- Adhere the two die cuts with some fabric glue.
- With your needle and blue thread, blanket stich around the edge of the notebook.
- Using your Sizzix Big Shot Machine die-cut the words ‘live colourfully’ out of Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 96PK – Alphanumeric Classic Lower (664224) and Sizzix Making Essential - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colours, 80 Sheets (663007)
- Adhere these words to the front cover of the notebook with fabric glue.
- Cut a rectangle of grey felt and cut six 2cm slits in parallel to each other along the grey piece of felt.
- With grey thread stich around the edge of this rectangular piece on the inside of the front cover.
- In between each slit, sew on a blue button.
- Sew on the pink heart button to the tab of the notebook.
- Tie a bow with the blue string on the spine of the notebook.
- Add in the crayons and the printed colouring sheet to finish.