Lovebirds Shadow Box Card
Starting in kindergarten, Courtney found herself more attracted to finger painting than playing with toys. It was clear that a career in art awaited. After earning her B.F.A. in Illustration from Cal State Fullerton, she continued to paint, while being influenced by pop culture. As a Sizzix in-house designer, Courtney combines traditional drawing and digital technique to express her fresh, youthful style. Outside of work, Courtney works on her art and loves to visit Disneyland.View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Show the love with this Lovebirds card using our chapter 4 dies.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Accessory - Paper Sculpting Kit
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 20PK - Love Birds Shadow Box
Other supplies: Glue, Pearl Gems
- Using your Sizzix Big Shot Machine die-cut Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 20PK – Love Birds Shadow Box (663619) out of white, red, light pink, mid pink, dark pink and grey cardstock.
- Using the scissors from the Sizzix Accessory – Paper Sculpting Kit (662225) cut away the decorative elements of the design.
- Adhere these elements to the white love bird die cut.
- Layer these up from the red background using the Sizzix Making Essential – Foam Tape (663709) to add dimension and create the shadow box effect.
- Put the design onto a white card and decorate with pink leaves and white flowers.
- Add pearl gems to the centre of the white flowers.