Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Get Halloween ready with this new project featuring our brand new chapter 3 die, the perfect finishing touches to your gift wrapping.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 17PK - Frightful Things
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Tag Collection
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies:Assorted Acrylic paints (Americana), Brayer and craft mat, White gesso, Distress Inks – Hickory Smoke and Vintage Photo, Splatter and text stamp, Fine line marker pen, Grey and white card, Stapler
- Take an A5 sized piece of white and grey card. Apply a little white gesso to a brayer and roll onto the grey card in a thin layer to add texture.
- Take the white card and use the brayer to apply two shades of orange acrylic in a random fashion to create both colour and texture followed by a little grey.
- Roll out a little more white gesso on the craft mat and use to stamp the white text onto the orange card. Use the Hickory Smoke Distress Ink to stamp grey text.
- Die-cut an orange and grey tag from the coloured cardstock and ink the edges. Tear the base from the orange tag before mounting onto its grey counterpart.
- Die-cut the strengthening ring from orange card ink the edge before applying to the tag.
- Use a thin black marker to add faux stitched detail to the tag.
- Die-cut the elements to create the hat and broom before inking the edges and assembling.
- Print or stamp your sentiment, trim to size and ink the edges before mounting onto the tag using PVA, Foam pads or staples. Mount the assembled die-cuts.