Layered Pine Card
Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Make dimensional layers and create your own 3D card.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Layered Pine
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 11PK – Santa’s Helper
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory – Stencil Film, 10PK (A4 Sheets)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies:Hessian, Assorted acrylics and paintbrush, Black gesso, Natural twine, Sentiment Charm – idea-ology, Ivory card, Grey board/mount board
- Cut a piece of grey board large enough to cover the die and attach a piece of rough hessian fabric to one side using a suitable strong adhesive and set aside to dry.
- Place the board hessian side down onto the die and cut both pieces of the tree.
- Apply black gesso to the face of both pieces making sure you get deep into the hessian texture.
- Choose two contrasting green acrylics, one dark and one light and add a little of each to a craft mat.
- Apply the greens to the die-cuts using a dry brush technique allowing the black to show through between the gaps in the texture.
- Mount both die-cuts together and wrap with natural twine before adding the sentiment charm.
- Create the sentiment at the foot of the base card using a stamp or your PC and printer before mounting the assembled tree in place.