Winter Trees Wall Decor
Growing up in a family of artists, Katelyn has been drawing ever since she can remember. As a graduate from California State University, Fullerton, Katelyn received her B.F.A. in Illustration. Throughout her career, she has worked as a graphic designer and freelance illustrator. Her style is whimsical, colorful and laced with delicately patterned details. When she is not designing products for Sizzix, Katelyn spends her free time painting children's book illustrations and blogging about her art adventures.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Making your own Christmas hanging decorations is the way forward right?
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Clear Stamps - Winter Phrases
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 9PK w/Stamps - Winter Trees
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory – Embossing Powders, 3PK (Silver, Gold, Clear)
- Sizzix Accessory – Embossing Ink Pad (Clear)
- Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies:Acrylic Paint (White), Embossing Powder (Gold), Faux Snow, Foam Paint Brush, Gel Medium, Glitter (Clear, Iridescent), Gold Paint Marker, Heat Tool, Ribbon, Texture Paste, Twine (gold), Wooden Plaque
- Paint a wooden circular plaque in white acrylic paint and set aside to dry.
- Die-cut out of green cardstock four solid trees, two tall, skinny trees, one geometric tree and one scalloped tree from the Winter Trees die set. Die-cut out of yellow cardstock three stars. Fold the solid trees in half, and adhere one half of each tree to the other to create an accordion-fold effect. Apply a light layer of texture paste along the trees as desired to create a snow effect. Set the trees aside to dry.
- Apply a thin layer of gel medium to the entire front surface and sides of the wooden plaque. Dust clear, iridescent glitter across the entirety of the gel medium and set the plaque aside to dry.
- With embossing ink, stamp the sentiment “Happy Holidays” from the Winter Phrases stamp set on a piece of purple cardstock. Apply gold embossing powder on top of the stamped sentiment, tap off the excess powder and set with a heat tool. Crop the paper around the sentiment as desired and apply gold paint pen along the edges of the cardstock. Cut a mat of red cardstock to adhere below the purple cardstock with foam tape.
- Adhere the trees along the bottom of the plaque as desired with hot glue. Trim away any part of the trees that hang over the edge of the plaque with scissors. Adhere the three yellow stars to the top of the three middle trees with hot glue.
- Center and adhere the stamped sentiment above the tree towards the top of the plaque. Cut a piece of purple ribbon and tie it into a bow. Tie a piece of gold twine around the center of the bow, creating a hoop for hanging decor. Adhere the ribbon to the top of the wooden plaque, above the stamped sentiment, with hot glue.