Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Create this simple, yet beautiful Christmas card.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix 3-D Impresslits Embossing Folder - Holly
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies:Ivory and black card, Gilding wax (gold and bronze), Distress Inks (Aged Mahogany, Ripe Persimmon, Abandoned Coral, Walnut Stain, Evergreen Bough, Forest Moss, Broken China), Craft mat, Water mister – Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer, Distress Splatter Brush
- Spritz clean water onto a piece of black card to soften the fibres thereby creating a much smoother and deeper emboss. Place the card into the Impresslits folder and pass through your machine. Remove the die-cut/embossed shape and leave to dry.
- Apply bronze gilding wax to the holly to pick out and enhance the embossed detail. Apply a little gold gilding wax to create further contrast.
- Cut a rectangle of ivory card from which to create the coloured background by blending together a selection of Distress Inks finishing with the Walnut stain around the edges. Spritz the background with clean water and set aside to dry naturally.
- Apply some of the ink pads directly onto a craft mat and spritz with clean water before splattering some of the ink onto a pre-printed/stamped ivory base card.
- Mount both the background and holly onto the base card.