Jolly St. Nick Christmas Card
Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
With this brand new technology why not create your own dimensional Saint Nick Christmas card.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set 11PK – Jolly St. Nick, Colorize™ by Tim Holtz®
- Sizzix Accessory – Embossing Ink Pad (Clear)
- Sizzix Adhesive Sheets - 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets
- Sizzix Accessory – Embossing Powders, 3PK (Silver, Gold, Clear)
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies:Assorted Cardstock, Wood grain patterned paper, Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Cling Mount Stamps – Grunge Flakes CMS098, Distress Inks – Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain, Water mister – Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer, Heat Tool
- Start by choosing your colour palette to correspond with the colour coding etched onto the rear of each individual die.
- Die-cut all the colours and keep them separate, you could use pinch pots or a large sheet of white paper.
- There are three main base die-cuts namely, RED – 1 which cuts the body and hat and WHITE -1 which cuts the head/ beard.
- Start with the body die (RED – 1) and note the deep crease lines embossed into the die-cut shape. These lines act as registration marks which allow you to accurately layer the separate colours.
- Attach the RED – 2 dies followed by RED – 3. Next, assemble the belt and mount in place before finishing with the white trim.
- Layer the head/beard and hat and attach the three sections together.
- For the background, use your PC or a suitable stamp to apply the sentiment onto a rectangle of ivory card (105 x 155mm).
- Use the Embossing Pad to stamp the snowflakes onto the background and sprinkle on the clear embossing powder before shaking off the excess. Fix the embossing powder using the heat tool.
- Apply the Distress Inks around the edges of the background starting with the lightest tone. The heat embossed snowflakes will act as a resist which will become more prominent as you apply the darker inks.
- Spritz the background with clean water to create a mottled effect and leave to dry naturally.
- Use adhesive foam pads to attach the assembled Santa to the background and mount onto the wood grain patterned base card.