Folk Bird Stocking
Rose joined the team in July 2017. After completing her degree in fine art she entered the craft world by teaching knitting and crochet workshops in Warwickshire following a long-standing interest in interactive art-forms. She is thoroughly enjoying developing a range of skills within the company. She loves seeing how her sketches and initial concepts become finished products that she and other makers can create innovative projects with. When at home she loves painting and drawing portraits and has always been significantly inspired by the multitude of books she reads and anything beautiful with a quirky twist.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
The perfect gift before Christmas, why not make your loved ones their own stocking.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Folk Bird
- Sizzix Accessory - 8 Fabric Pieces
- Sizzix Accessory - Paper Sculpting Kit
- Sizzix Accessory - Adhesive Iron-On Sheet
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies:Grey fabric, White fabric, White pom poms, Red fabric, Grey embroidery thread, Sewing needle
- Draw out a shape of a stocking on paper and when happy cut out using scissors.
- Use your template to cut out two stocking pieces out of grey fabric.
- Iron on the adhesive onto the striped, grey, red and white fabric.
- Then die-cut the Folk Bird using this fabric.
- Iron the bird onto one of the stocking pieces.
- Hand stitch all the way around the bird using the grey embroidery thread.
- Cut out two cuffs the same width as the top of the stocking out of the white fabric.
- Stitch the cuff to the stocking at the top. Repeat for the other stocking piece.
- Seam the top of the cuff on both pieces.
- Attach the pom poms on top of the seam on both pieces.
- Pin the right sides of the stocking together and stitch all the way around. Turn inside out and fold the top of the white fabric over to form a cuff.