Folk Bird Stocking
The perfect gift before Christmas, why not make your loved ones their own stocking.
Theme: Birds & Insects
Other Supplies:Grey fabric, White fabric, White pom poms, Red fabric, Grey embroidery thread, Sewing needle
- Draw out a shape of a stocking on paper and when happy cut out using scissors.
- Use your template to cut out two stocking pieces out of grey fabric.
- Iron on the adhesive onto the striped, grey, red and white fabric.
- Then die-cut the Folk Bird using this fabric.
- Iron the bird onto one of the stocking pieces.
- Hand stitch all the way around the bird using the grey embroidery thread.
- Cut out two cuffs the same width as the top of the stocking out of the white fabric.
- Stitch the cuff to the stocking at the top. Repeat for the other stocking piece.
- Seam the top of the cuff on both pieces.
- Attach the pom poms on top of the seam on both pieces.
- Pin the right sides of the stocking together and stitch all the way around. Turn inside out and fold the top of the white fabric over to form a cuff.