Folk Bird Christmas Ornament
Rose joined the team in July 2017. After completing her degree in fine art she entered the craft world by teaching knitting and crochet workshops in Warwickshire following a long-standing interest in interactive art-forms. She is thoroughly enjoying developing a range of skills within the company. She loves seeing how her sketches and initial concepts become finished products that she and other makers can create innovative projects with. When at home she loves painting and drawing portraits and has always been significantly inspired by the multitude of books she reads and anything beautiful with a quirky twist.View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Complete your Christmas decorations with this easy to make Folk Bird Christmas Ornament.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies: Felt, Sequins and beads, Metallic thread, Needle, Wadding
- Die-cut the Folk Bird die from felt, cutting two bodies.
- Take the wing, thread the needle and using back stitch, stitch tear drops shapes of varying sizes.
- Sew the sequins and beads at the widest part of the tear drop, sewing through to one of the body shapes to secure.
- Sew a sequin and bead for the eye.
- Using blanket stitch sew around the outside of the bird. Leave a 4cm gap and stuff with wadding. Finish off the rest of the bird with the blanket stitch.