Travel Log Journal
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Create own mini travel log with our new tiny travel globe set.
Themes: Vacation & Travel
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Tag Collection
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 140PK - Alphanumeric Label
- Sizzix Accessory - Glitter 3PK (White, Gold, Silver)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 10PK - Tiny Travel Globe
- Sizzix Thinlits Die - Destination
- Sizzix Accessory - Dimensional Domes, 12PK
- Sizzix Accessory - Multi-Tool
- Sizzix Accessory - Paper Sculpting Kit
- Sizzix Accessory - Sticky Grid Sheets, 6" x 8 1/2", 5 Pack
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colors)
- Sizzix Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool w/Replacement Sponge
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Patterned Paper (Watercolor Wash), Double-Sided Tape, Liquid Adhesive, Journal, Ranger Distress® Oxide Ink Pads (Hickory Smoke, Peacock Feathers), Scissors
- Die-cut all the destination dies from the Tiny Travel Globe set out of various cardstock colours. Some Tiny Travel Globe pieces will need to be cut multiple times. Die-cut four 1 1/2" circles from the Tiny Travel Globe set out of watercolour wash paper. Die-cut the Destination shape out of turquoise cardstock and grey cardstock. Die-cut a small narrow tag from the Tag Collection set out of yellow, mint and coral cardstock. Die-cut the mesh design from the Geometric Mask set out of turquoise cardstock.
- Place the narrow tag from the Tag Collection set onto a Cutting Pad with a Sticky Grid Sheet. Place letters from the Alphanumeric Label set to spell “Travel Log” inside the tag die on the Sticky Grid and die-cut out of grey cardstock.
- Make a folded cover that fits around your journal out of mint cardstock. Cut a panel of mint cardstock that is the same size as the front cover only.
- Ink the cover panel and the folded cover with Peacock Feather using the Blending Tool. Ink the edges of the Tiny Travel Globe die-cuts with Hickory Smoke.
- Use scissors to trim away the longitude and latitude lines of the grey Destination die-cut, leaving the outside edge and continent portions intact. Adhere the trimmed grey die-cut to the turquoise die-cut with liquid adhesive.
- Use scissors to cut the mesh die-cut into three triangles, two small and one large. Adhere the Destinations die-cut and the mesh triangle die-cuts to the cover panel with liquid adhesive. Trim the Destinations die-cut along the edges of the cover panel with scissors.
- Adhere the Tiny Travel Globe die-cuts to the watercolour wash circles with liquid adhesive. Use pieces of torn turquoise cardstock to make the water and grey cardstock to make the streets, as shown.
- Die-cut a 1 1/4"circle from the Circles set four times in the front cover panel. On the inside of the cover panel, apply double-sided tape around the edge of the bottom circle. Remove the adhesive backing from the double-sided tape and adhere a Dimensional Dome to the circle opening. Sprinkle white glitter into the Dimensional Dome. Remove the backing from the adhesive strip on the dome and attach the taxi circle to the dome. Attach the three remaining circles to the inside of the cover panel with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere the cover panel to the folded cover, and adhere the cover to the journal with liquid adhesive or double-sided tape. Layer the mint, yellow, coral and grey tags together with liquid adhesive. Adhere the layered tag to the lower portion of the cover with liquid adhesive.