Bright Ideas Memo Board
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Looking for a fun project to decorate your making space or desk? With a little die-cutting, cardstock, magnets and a metal tray, you can create a colourful memo board for yourself or for a friend.
Themes: House & Home
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 14PK - Robotic
- Sizzix Bigz XL Alphabet Die - Society
- Sizzix Accessory - Die Pick
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Accessory - Die Brush w/Magnetic Pickup Tool
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Foam Adhesive Sheets - 2 1/2" x 4 3/4", Assorted, 6 Sheets
- Sizzix Adhesive Sheets - 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Gold, Gray, Green, Lavender, Salmon, Silver), Patterned Paper, Clear Gloss, Medium, Glue Stick, Gold Foil Sheet, Ink Blending Tool, Liquid Adhesive, Magnets (Round, Various Sizes), Metallic Marker (Gold), Ranger Distress® Oxide Ink Pads (Fossilized Amber, Peacock Feather, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick) Ranger Distress® Ink Pad (Walnut Stain), Stencil
- Die-cut the light bulb pieces from the Robotic Die Set out of yellow cardstock. Die-cut the body and feet pieces out of lavender cardstock. Die cut the remaining pieces from the set out of a variety of cardstock, as shown.
- Adhere silver cardstock onto mat board with adhesive sheets. Die-cut letters from the Society die to spell “Bright Ideas” and the numbers 1-5 out of the prepared silver cardstock and grey cardstock.
- Layer the silver letters over the grey letters, slightly offset, and adhere with liquid adhesive.
- Apply gold foil randomly to the lightbulb die-cuts with a glue stick. Edge the light bulbs with a gold pen. Adhere the elements die-cuts to the lightbulb die-cuts with liquid adhesive.
- Apply Glossy Accents to the lightbulb die-cuts and let dry thoroughly. Bend and crack the Glossy Accents layer on the lightbulbs. Optional Tip: Sponge brown ink into the cracks to make them more visible.
- Sponge the edges of the remaining Robotic pieces with Walnut Stain ink.
- Adhere the Robotic pieces together to create a robot and a lightbulb, as shown.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper to fit in the bottom of a metal tray. Sponge Distress Oxide inks through a stencil onto the top left corner of the patterned panel. Sponge Peacock Distress Oxide Ink along the edges of the panel.
- Adhere the patterned paper panel to the metal tray. Adhere Robotic die-cuts to the metal tray with Foam adhesive, as shown. Adhere the letters to the top of the tray with liquid adhesive. Adhere the number die-cuts to cardstock panels. Adhere the gear die-cuts to magnets.
- I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will make a memo board of your own for all your bright ideas!