Full Steam Ahead Scrapbook Page
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Tag Collection
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Mixed Media
- Sizzix Texture Fades Embossing Folder - Tiny Dots
- Sizzix Thinlits Die - Stitched Slots
- Sizzix Adhesive Sheets - 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 Sheets
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 33PK - Pop Art Lowercase
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Steampunk Parts
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Blue, Kraft, Red, Silver Foil, Yellow, White), Felt (Blue, White), Acetate, Enamel Dots, Heat Tool, Liquid Adhesive, Paper Trimmer, Photo, Sequins
- Start with an 8" x 8" piece of blue cardstock. This will be your page base.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock that measures 7 3/4" x 7 3/4" and a piece of yellow cardstock that measures 7" x 7". Layer and adhere to the page base with double-sided adhesive.
- Cut a piece of red cardstock that measures 2" x 7 3/4" and adhere to the bottom portion of the yellow panel.
- Cut a strip of yellow cardstock and one out of kraft cardstock that each measure 1" x 7 3/4". Cut both strips diagonally, making two long triangles, and adhere them to the bottom of the page base as shown.
- Cut a piece of blue cardstock that measures 2 1/2" x 7". Die-cut the circles from the Mixed Media set out of one end of the blue strip. Emboss the other end of the strip with the Tiny Dots folder. Adhere the blue strip to the right side of the yellow panel.
- Die-cut Stitched Slots out of red cardstock. Die-cut three different size tags from the Tag Collection set out of kraft, silver foil and white cardstock. Adhere the Stitched Slots die-cut to the yellow panel. Tuck the three tags into the slots and embellish with enamel dots.
- Mat a 3" x 5" photo with kraft cardstock. Adhere it over the Stitched Slots die-cut, leaving the tops of the tags visible.
- Die-cut the circles from the Mixed Media set out of silver foil cardstock. Adhere some of the silver fall-out circles to the spaces in the blue strip with liquid adhesive. Adhere three of the silver circles to the upper left-hand corner of the yellow panel.
- Die-cut the word “STEAM” out of white mat board using the Block Capital Letters die set. Ink the surface of each letter with an embossing ink pad, sprinkle with silver embossing powder, shake of the excess powder and set with a heat tool. You may need tweezers to hold the letters in place while heat setting the powder. Adhere the letters below the photo with liquid adhesive.
- Attach Adhesive Sheets to pieces of yellow and white cardstock. Die-cut the word “full” out of the yellow cardstock and “ahead” out of the white cardstock using the Pop Art Lowercase alphabet. Adhere the words to the page, above and below the word STEAM.
- Die-cut two circles from the Steampunk Parts die out of white and blue felt and two of the small rings out of silver foil cardstock. Adhere one of the silver rings to the upper left-hand side of photo and another one to the opposite end of the photo with liquid adhesive. Adhere the felt circles to the silver rings with a glue gun.
- Die-cut the two gears from the Steampunk Parts die out of silver foil cardstock, two small circles out of white cardstock and two small bolts out of red cardstock. Layer these pieces together and adhere to the centers of the felt circles.
- To create a circle shaker, die-cut the larger ring from the Steampunk Parts die out of blue felt and again out of white cardstock, the smaller ring out of silver foil and the circle out of acetate. Die-cut a 2 3/4" circle from the Circles die set out of acetate.
- Adhere the white cardstock ring to the blue felt ring with hot glue, and adhere the 2 3/4" acetate circle to the white cardstock ring with liquid adhesive.
- Attach foam adhesive to the 2 3/4" acetate circle, around the inner rim of the white cardstock ring. Place a variety of sequins into the center of the circle. Adhere the small acetate circle to the foam tape, making a closed shaker box.
- Adhere the small silver ring to the blue felt ring with hot glue.
- Die-cut both gears out silver foil, a circle out of white cardstock and a small gear out of red cardstock. Layer these pieces together and adhere to the center of the shaker window. Adhere the shaker window to the lower right-hand side of the page.