Wild Leaves Geometric Cushion
Lisa has a foundation degree in Art & Design and a BA degree in Graphic Design from Glyndwr University in North Wales. She has always been passionate about drawing and crafting and loves combining illustration and hand lettering. She is strongly inspired by nature and when she isn’t drawing she loves exploring the Welsh countryside and hiking. She started working here in March 2018 and really enjoys working in the craft industry, especially seeing her designs transformed into dies and seeing the finished projects.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Bring tropical vibes into your home with this sponged tropical cushion.
Themes: House & Home
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Wild Leaves
- Sizzix Accessory – Stencil Film, 10PK (A4 Sheets)
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Mint Fabric, White Fabric, Light Grey Fabric, Dark Grey Fabric, Grey thread, Mint Fabric Paint,Sponge, Inner cushion, Sewing Needle, Sewing Machine
- Die-cut each Wild Leaf from the die set on to a separate piece of stencil film to create 3 stencils.
- Use the stencils to sponge paint the mint fabric paint onto the white fabric to make a random pattern of Wild Leaves.
- Once dry, cut the patterned white fabric into an isosceles triangle (8” x 20” x 20”).
- Sew 1 of the longer 20” edges of the patterned triangle to the edge of the light grey fabric (right sides together).
- Repeat this step but, sew the opposite 20” edge to the dark grey fabric.
- Iron the seams flat.
- Cut a 16”x16” square from both the assembled fabric and plain white fabric.
- Now pin both of the cushion cover panels together, along three sides ensuring the patterned side of the cushion cover faces inwards and sew using a quarter inch seam.
- Turn the cushion cover the right way around and iron the open edge inwards with a quarter inch seam.
- Put in the inner cushion into the cushion pad.
- Hand sew closed.