Tropical Leaves Geometric Cushion
Lisa has a foundation degree in Art & Design and a BA degree in Graphic Design from Glyndwr University in North Wales. She has always been passionate about drawing and crafting and loves combining illustration and hand lettering. She is strongly inspired by nature and when she isn’t drawing she loves exploring the Welsh countryside and hiking. She started working here in March 2018 and really enjoys working in the craft industry, especially seeing her designs transformed into dies and seeing the finished projects.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Bring the tropical theme into your home with this home sewn Geometric cushion.
Themes: House & Home
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Tropical Leaf
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Turquoise felt, Mint Felt, Turquoise thread, White thread, White fabric, Sewing machine, Hand sewing needles, Cushion inner
- Using the white fabric cut a front and back panel to make the cushion cover, ensuring it it the same size as the cushion inner.
- Die-cut 5 Tropical Leaves in turquoise felt and 6 leaves in mint felt.
- Pin the leaves in place on one of the cushion cover panels.
- Stitch around the leaves in turquoise thread.
- Now pin both of the cushion cover panels together, along three sides ensuring the patterned side of the cushion cover faces inwards.
- Use a machine to stitch the cushion cover together on the 3 pinned sides, remembering to leave a gap around the edges.
- Turn the cushion cover inside out.
- Stuff the cushion cover with the cushion inner.
- Slip stitch the remaining gap closed.