Starting in kindergarten, Courtney found herself more attracted to finger painting than playing with toys. It was clear that a career in art awaited. After earning her B.F.A. in Illustration from Cal State Fullerton, she continued to paint, while being influenced by pop culture. As a Sizzix in-house designer, Courtney combines traditional drawing and digital technique to express her fresh, youthful style. Outside of work, Courtney works on her art and loves to visit Disneyland.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Upcycling old furniture and making them look brand new is the way forward.
Themes: House & Home
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Eucalyptus
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Tropical Lei
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: White chair, Grey furniture paint, Sticky back plastic, Sponge, Cocktail stick, Ruler, Pencil, Craft knife
- Cut the Eucalyptus die twice from the sticky back plastic ensuring that each die-cut faces the opposite direction (these will be used as a stencil).
- Use the broad petal from the Tropical Lei die and cut twice from the sticky back plastic, ensuring you keep the centre circles (again these petals will be used as a stencil).
- Use the ruler to find the centre point on the back of the chair and mark lightly with a pencil.
- Use of the centre circles from the Tropical Lei flowers and adhere it to the centre mark on the chair.
- Adhere 1 of the Tropical Lei broad petals around the circle, then use a sponge to colour the flower with grey furniture paint and peel off the plastic.
- Repeat the previous step with the Eucalyptus leaves, placing 1 at either side of the flower (try to keep them symmetrical).
- When the paint has dried, layer the second Tropical Lei flower over the first so the petals are intersecting. Then, use the sponge to colour the flower and peel off the plastic.
- Finally, when everything has dried, use a craft knife to gently remove the centre of the flower to expose the white beneath.