Upcycling old furniture and making them look brand new is the way forward.
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: White chair, Grey furniture paint, Sticky back plastic, Sponge, Cocktail stick, Ruler, Pencil, Craft knife
- Die-cut the Eucalyptus twice from the sticky back plastic, ensure that each die-cut faces the opposite direction (these will be used as a stencil).
- Use the broad petal from the Tropical Lei die and die-cut twice from the sticky back plastic, ensure that you keep the centre circles (again these petals will be used as a stencil).
- Use the ruler to find the centre point on the back of the chair and mark lightly with a pencil.
- Use of the centre circles from the Tropical Lei flowers and adhere it to the centre mark on the chair.
- Adhere one of the Tropical Lei broad petals around the circle, then use a sponge to colour the flower with grey furniture paint and peel off the plastic.
- Repeat the previous step with the Eucalyptus leaves, placing one at either side of the flower (try to keep them symmetrical).
- When the paint has dried, layer the second Tropical Lei flower over the first so the petals are intersecting. Then, use the sponge to colour the flower and peel off the plastic.
- Finally, when everything has dried, use a craft knife to gently remove the centre of the flower to expose the white beneath.