Jungle Animal Nappy Bag
Jordan grew up in in Southern California, where she currently resides. She received a B.F.A. in Animation at California State University Fullerton. An artist since childhood, Jordan loves everything fun, cute and whimsical. Her professional experiences include freelance illustration and background painting for animation. She works in both digital and traditional media with gouache, graphite and watercolor among her favorite mediums. Nature, animals and current trends are often the inspiration for her designs, which she strives to imbue with a sense of style and playfulness. Outside of art and designing for Sizzix, she enjoys travelling, fitness, video games and spending time with friends and family. You can often find her outdoors relaxing at the beach or indoors trying new art techniques.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Jungle Animals
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Grey Fabric, Patterned Fabric, Cream Thread, Grey Thread, Pink Thread, White Thread, Needle, Scissors, Iron on Interfacing
- Using the patterned fabric and cut 5 pieces of fabric - two sized (20” x 13”) and two sized (7” x 13”). Using the grey fabric cut out 1 piece of fabric (7” x 20”).
- Repeat step 1, but use the iron on interfacing.
- Iron the corresponding sized iron on interfacing to the back of the appropriate pieces of fabric.
- Iron one of the longer 13” sides of the grey fabric.
- Sew along this edge.
- Iron one of the longer edges of the grey by half an inch.
- Sew along this edge.
- Iron the iron on interfacing to the back of the cream, grey and pink fabric.
- Die-cut the giraffe body from the Jungle Animals die set out of cream fabric and the nose and spots out of grey fabric.
- Use the iron on interfacing to Iron the nose and spots onto the cream giraffe.
- Sew around the giraffe with cream thread.
- Die-cut the hippo body from the Jungle Animals die set out of grey fabric and the nose out of pink fabric.
- Use the iron on interfacing to Iron the nose onto the grey hippo.
- Sew around the hippo with grey thread.
- Die-cut the elephant body and ears out of the Jungle Animals die set out of grey fabric and two more ears out of the pink fabric.
- Trim around the edges of the pink elephant ears to make them slightly smaller, then use the iron on interfacing to iron them onto the grey elephant ears.
- Sew around the elephant with grey thread.
- Arrange all 3 animals onto the bottom of the grey 7” x 20” piece of fabric and iron on using the iron on interfacing.
- Embroider the eyes onto all the animals using the relevant coloured thread.
- Put the grey fabric which contains the animals on top of one of the patterned 20” x 13” panels. Sew half way down the middle and this will be the two pockets to the bag.
- Put together the two 20” x 13” pieces of fabric with the jungle design facing inwards. On the 13” sides sew up the seams by half an inch.
- The remaining 7” x 20” panel is for the bottom of the bag. Put it right sides together with the bottom edges of the other panels and sew half an inch round the edge.
- Turn the bag the right way around and create 80” of binding. Sew around the top of the nappy bag to complete the edges.
- Cut two handles sized 3” x 15” using the grey fabric and fold along matching the long edges together.
- Ensuring the grey is on the inside of the handles, sew up the seams and turn the handles the right way around.
- Iron the handles flat and stitch the ends to the outside of the bag using a decorative stitching pattern.