Eucalyptus Initial Cushion
Rose joined the team in July 2017. After completing her degree in fine art she entered the craft world by teaching knitting and crochet workshops in Warwickshire following a long-standing interest in interactive art-forms. She is thoroughly enjoying developing a range of skills within the company. She loves seeing how her sketches and initial concepts become finished products that she and other makers can create innovative projects with. When at home she loves painting and drawing portraits and has always been significantly inspired by the multitude of books she reads and anything beautiful with a quirky twist.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Bring some tropical feel into your home with this project.
Themes: House & Home
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Eucalyptus
- Sizzix Bigz Alphabet Set 7 Dies - Serif Essentials
- Sizzix Accessory - Adhesive Iron-On Sheet
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: White fabric, Grey fabric, Mint fabric, Grey thread, Sewing machine, White thread, Cushion inner (40cm x 40cm)
- Iron the adhesive onto the white and mint fabric.
- Use this to cut out 5 white eucalyptus leaves and the letter “L’ in mint.
- Cut out a square of grey fabric, larger than the cushion inner by 1cm at each edge.
- Cut out a smaller rectangle in grey ½ the length of the square (same width). Cut another rectangle 2/3 the length of the square (same width).
- Hem one of the longer edges of both rectangles.
- Arrange the ‘L’ in the centre of the grey square and iron in place.
- Arrange the white leaves around the letter and iron in place.
- Sew down the lengths of each eucalyptus and around the ‘L’ in white thread.
- Lay the smaller rectangles on top of the embellished square, right sides together, hemmed edges in the middle, and pin around the edges.
- Sew around the edges, joining the pieces together.
- Turn right side out.
- Insert cushion inner.