Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die - Intricate Lace
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Crochet
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Mountboard, Kraft and ivory card, Bolt head brads, Picture frame, Gilding wax, Assorted acrylics, Black gesso, Text stamp and grey ink
- Die-cut the intricate lace from kraft card and attach to a rectangle of mountboard.
- Die-cut the heart from the lace covered mountboard.
- Cut a rectangle of mountboard on which to mount the die-cut heart and add the bolt head brads in the corners.
- Apply a coat of black gesso to the picture frame, rectangle and heart and leave to dry.
- Choose your acrylic colours such as Dark brown, red/brown, orange etc. and apply to the frame, rectangle and heart in a random fashion using a natural sponge.
- Die-cut two strips of the lace from ivory card and trim to size.
- Cut a piece of mountboard to fit within the frame and apply black gesso and leave to dry. Water down some aqua blue coloured acrylic paint and apply to the background in a dragging motion using a natural sponge.
- Use the same sponge to apply the paint over the heart and lace strips.
- To enhance the lace detail on the heart, apply some aqua blue paint using a dry brush technique.
- Attach the lace to the base of the rectangle before mounting the heart in place.
- Assemble the frame and use silver gilding wax to enhance some of the detail where appropriate.