If you enjoy quilting this is such a pretty table runner that can be an all year round make.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
Other Supplies: Sewing Machine, White Thread, Wadding, Coral Fabric, Teal Fabric, White Fabric, Teal Fabric, Pencil
- Die cut 17 white triangles, 17 coral triangles, 17 teal triangles and 17 patterned triangles.
- On the corner of each triangle mark a quarter of an inch on each side of the corner and trim the corner off.
- Lay out the triangles in your desired pattern.
- Pin one strip of triangles and sew with a quarter of an inch seam allowance.
- Press all the seams in one direction.
- Pin the other strip of triangles and sew with a quarter of an inch seam allowance.
- Press all the seams in the opposite direction to the other strip.
- Sew the two strips together with a quarter of an inch seam allowance.
- Cut your wadding to the size of the sewn triangles.
- Cut your back panel to the size of sewn triangles.
- Pin the top panel of triangles to the wadding and back panel.
- Cut your binding out of white fabric, 3 inches wide and the length longer than the circumference of your quilt by at least 10 inches. (You may need to sew two pieces of fabric together to make your length long enough).
- Press the binding in half, wrong side to wrong side.
- Start sewing your binding on a straight edge of your table runner with 5 inches of binding spare.
- Sew with the raw edge of the binding lining up with the raw edge of the quilt using a half inch seam allowance.
- At the corners stop sewing half of an inch from the edge and sew at a 45 degree angle to the edge of the table runner.
- Turn the binding at 45 degrees across the sew line and then fold so the raw edges are lined up. Start sewing half an inch from the top until you reach your next corner and then repeat this process.
- Leave around a 7 inch gap before you reach where you began sewing from.
- Overlap the top piece of binding by 3 inches and trim.
- Sew right side to right side of the binding at a 45 degree angle. Trim your seam.
- Now complete sewing the binding to the quilt and it should fit into place.
- Turn the binding in half so it covers the edge of the table runner on the back. Hand stitch in place using a slip stitch.