Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Here are some more animal softee to add to the softee collection.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Bear Softee
- Sizzix Accessory - 8 Fabric Pieces
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Sewing machine, Grey thread, Grey embroidery thread, Embroidery needle, White yarn, Knitting needles (4mm), Yarn needle, Polyester stuffing, Grey textured fabric, Pom pom rings (4cm diameter)
- Cut out 8 limbs, 2 bodies and 2 heads out of the grey fabric using the Bear Softee die.
- Cut out 8 limbs in Sizzix pinstripe fabric using the Bear Softee die.
- Lay one head piece on a body piece, right sides together with the neck edges meeting. Sew along that edge with grey thread. Repeat with the other head and body pieces.
- Lay two cut out grey limbs right sides together and pin, leaving the flat edge at the top open. Sew around the pinned edges with grey thread. Turn right side out. Repeat this process with the remaining grey pieces to make 4 limbs. Stuff all the limbs.
- Lay two striped limbs side by side, curving together to form an approximate oval. Pin down the centre join and sew before trimming any bits that stick out. Repeat with the remaining striped pieces to give 4 ears with flat edges at the tops.
- Place two ear pieces right sides together and sew around the edges to join, leaving the flat edge at the top open. Turn right side out. Repeat with the other pieces to make 2 ears.
- Lay the two head/body pieces right sides together and pin, trapping the ears in place between the layers, facing inwards. Also include and pin two limbs just below the neck, facing inwards between the layers. Leave the flat edge at the bottom of the body pieces open.
- Sew the heads and bodies together, following the pins and trapping the ears and arms between the layers. Remember to leave the flat edge at the bottom open.
- Turn right side out.
- Fold the flat edges at the bottom of the bodies inwards 1cm and press.
- Stuff the body and head of the rabbit.
- Insert the 2 remaining limbs at the bottom of the body. Pin in place and sew the bottom edge closed with invisible stitch, catching the legs as well to fix them in place.
- Using grey embroidery thread, sew a nose and mouth on the face. Then sew two french knots for eyes.
- Cast on 30 stitches in white yarn on the knitting needles.
- Knit stocking stitch for 10 rows and then cast off.
- Loop the scarf round the neck of the rabbit twice and sew the ends together.
- Make a small pom pom with the white yarn and sew onto the rabbit to create a tail.