Polar Bear Softee
Create this cute little Polar Bear Softee using our Bear Softee Die which is so versatile and can make many different animals.
Other Supplies: Cream Fabric, White Felt, Grey Wool, Cream Thread, Light Grey Thread, Dark Grey Thread, White Embroidery Thread, Stuffing, 4.5mm Knitting Needles
- Die cut two head, two body, four arm, four leg and four ear pieces out of the cream fabric.
- Making sure right sides are together, sew two of the ear pieces together, leaving the bottom straight edge open. Same again with the other two ear pieces.
- Turn these the right way around.
- Take two arm pieces, put right sides together and sew, leaving the bottom straight edge open. Same again with the second arm and two leg pieces. Stuff the four limbs.
- Sew a head piece and a body piece along the neck line, right sides together. And again, with the second head and body piece.
- Die cut a mouth piece out of white felt and sew in place onto the head. Make sure to leave a gap so you can put stuffing in, then sew it closed.
- Die cut a nose piece out of grey felt and sew in place onto the mouth piece.
- Embroider grey eyes and white hair onto the head piece.
- Sandwich the ears and arms between the two body and head pieces, making sure the body and head pieces are right sides together and all the limbs are pointing inside the body.
- Sew round the edge a quarter inch seam, trapping the ears and arms as you go. Make sure to leave the bottom of the body open.
- Cut notches with scissors where there are curves, making sure you do not cut through the thread you’ve just sewn.
- Turn the right way around.
- Iron the bottom edge of the body inwards a quarter inch, and pin the legs in place.
- Hand sew the bottom edge closed.
- Cast on 50 stitches onto the knitting needles.
- Knit for 50 rows, the cast off.
- Join the short ends of the knitting together and dress the bear with a scraf.