Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Add to your animal softee collection with our little hippo friend.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Bear Softee
- Sizzix Accessory - Stuffing Tool, 10"
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Sewing machine, Grey thread, Grey embroidery thread, White embroidery thread, Embroidery needle, Polyester stuffing, Grey textured fabric
- Cut out 8 limbs, 2 bodies, 4 ears and 4 heads out of the grey fabric using the Bear Softee die.
- Lay one head piece on a body piece, right sides together with the neck edges meeting. Sew along that edge with grey thread. Repeat with the other head and body pieces.
- Lay two cut out grey limbs right sides together and pin, leaving the flat edge at the top open. Sew around the pinned edges with grey thread. Turn right side out. Repeat this process with the remaining grey pieces to make 4 limbs. Stuff all the limbs.
- Lay two grey ears right sides together and cut in half lengthways to make thinner ears. Also cut some of the length off to make shorter. Sew around the edges leaving a gap at one end. Turn right side out to create an ear. Repeat this process with the remaining two ear pieces.
- Lay the two head/body pieces right sides together and pin, trapping the ears in place between the layers, facing inwards. Also include and pin two limbs just below the neck, facing inwards between the layers. Leave the flat edge at the bottom of the body pieces open.
- Sew the heads and bodies together, following the pins and trapping the ears and arms between the layers. Remember to leave the flat edge at the bottom open.
- Turn right side out.
- Fold the flat edges at the bottom of the bodies inwards 1cm and press.
- Stuff the body and head of the hippo.
- Insert the 2 remaining limbs at the bottom of the body. Pin in place and sew the bottom edge closed with invisible stitch, catching the legs as well to fix them in place.
- Sew two head pieces right sides together, leaving the flat edge open. Turn right side out. Fold the flat edges inwards 1cm and press. This is the hippo nose.
- Stuff the nose and position onto the face. Sew in place with invisible stitch.
- Using grey embroidery thread sew two french knots for eyes above the nose.
- Using white embroidery thread, sew circles for nostrils and waves at the end of each limb.