Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Our Bear Softee can create so many different animals just like this Elephant Softee, create your own animal farm.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Bear Softee
- Sizzix Accessory - 8 Fabric Pieces
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Sewing machine, Grey thread, White embroidery thread, Grey embroidery thread, Embroidery needle, Pink yarn, Knitting needles (4mm), Yarn needle, Polyester stuffing, Grey textured fabric
- Cut out 10 limbs, 2 bodies and 4 heads out of the grey fabric using the Bear Softee die.
- Cut out 2 heads in Sizzix patterned pink fabric using the Bear Softee die.
- Lay one grey head piece on a body piece, right sides together with the neck edges meeting. Sew along that edge with grey thread. Repeat with the other grey head and body pieces.
- Lay two cut out limbs right sides together and pin, leaving the flat edge at the top open. Sew around the pinned edges with grey thread. Turn right side out. Repeat this process with the remaining pieces to make 5 limbs. Stuff all the limbs.
- Lay one grey head piece and one pink head piece right sides together and sew around the edges, leaving the flat edge at the bottom open. Turn right side out to make an ear. Repeat with the remaining grey and pink pieces.
- Lay the two head/body pieces right sides together and pin, trapping the ears in place between the layers, facing inwards. Also include and pin two limbs just below the neck, facing inwards between the layers. Leave the flat edge at the bottom of the body pieces open.
- Sew the heads and bodies together, following the pins and trapping the ears and arms between the layers. Remember to leave the flat edge at the bottom open.
- Turn right side out.
- Fold the flat edges at the bottom of the bodies inwards 1cm and press.
- Stuff the body and head of the elephant.
- Insert the 2 remaining limbs at the bottom of the body. Pin in place and sew the bottom edge closed with invisible stitch, catching the legs as well to fix them in place.
- Fold the flat edges at the top of the remaining limb inwards 1cm and press. Using this as the elephant trunk and attach to the face with invisible stitch.
- Using grey embroidery thread, sew two french knots for eyes above the trunk.
- Using white embroidery thread, sew toes on the bottom of each limb.
- Cast on 30 stitches in pink yarn on the knitting needles.
- Knit stocking stitch for 10 rows and then cast off.
- Loop the scarf round the neck of the bear twice and sew the ends together.