Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Create this cute little duck softee which would make the perfect gift or Easter make.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Bear Softee
- Sizzix Accessory - 8 Fabric Pieces
- Sizzix Accessory - Stuffing Tool, 10"
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Sewing machine, White thread, Grey embroidery thread, Embroidery needle, Cream textured fabric, Pink fabric, Polyester stuffing
- Cut out 4 limbs, 2 bodies and 2 heads out of the cream fabric using the Bear Softee die.
- Cut out 4 limbs and 2 ears in pink fabric using the Bear Softee die.
- Cut out 4 limbs in Sizzix pink patterned fabric using the Bear Softee die.
- Lay one head piece on a body piece, right sides together with the neck edges meeting. Sew along that edge with white thread. Repeat with the other head and body pieces.
- Lay two cut out pink limbs right sides together and pin, leaving the flat edge at the top open. Sew around the pinned edges with white thread. Turn right side out. Repeat this process with 2 other pieces to make 2 limbs in all. Stuff the limbs.
- At the bottom of the 2 limbs, sew a tuck to make feet.
- Lay two patterned pink limbs side by side, curving together to form an approximate oval. Pin down the centre join and sew before trimming any bits that stick out. Repeat with the remaining patterned pieces to give 2 wing pieces with flat edges at the tops.
- Repeat this process with the 4 cream limbs to make 2 wing pieces.
- Place 1 patterned wing piece and 1 cream wing piece right sides together and sew around the edges to join, leaving the flat edge at the top open. Turn right side out. Repeat with the other pieces to make 2 wings. Lightly stuff both wings, do not fill completely.
- Lay the ear pieces right sides together and sew around the edges, leaving the top flat edge open. Turn right side out and stuff to make the beak.
- Lay the two head/body pieces right sides together and pin. Leave the flat edge at the bottom of the body pieces open.
- Sew the heads and bodies together, following the pins. Remember to leave the flat edge at the bottom open.
- Turn right side out.
- Fold the flat edges at the bottom of the bodies inwards 1cm and press.
- Stuff the body and head of the duck.
- Insert the 2 limbs at the bottom of the body. Pin in place and sew the bottom edge closed with invisible stitch, catching the legs as well to fix them in place.
- Fold the flat edges at the bottom of the beak inwards 1/2cm and press. Sew the beak onto the face using invisible stitch.
- Using grey embroidery thread, sew two french knots for eyes above the beak.
- Fold the flat edges at the top of the wings inwards 1cm and press. Sew the wings closed and then sew onto the body using invisible stitch.