Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Create a cute little bear softee.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Bear Softee
Other Supplies: Sewing machine Grey thread, White embroidery thread, Grey embroidery thread, Embroidery needle, Pink yarn, Knitting needles (4mm), Yarn needle, White felt, Grey felt, Polyester stuffing, Grey textured fabric
- Cut out 8 limbs, 2 bodies, 2 heads and 4 ears out of the grey fabric using the Bear Softee die.
- Cut out 1 muzzle in white felt, 1 nose in grey felt using the Bear Softee die.
- Lay one head piece on a body piece, right sides together with the neck edges meeting. Sew along that edge with grey thread. Repeat with the other head and body pieces.
- Lay two cut out limbs right sides together and pin, leaving the flat edge at the top open. Sew around the pinned edges with grey thread. Turn right side out. Repeat this process with the remaining pieces to make 4 limbs. Stuff all the limbs.
- Lay the ear pieces right sides together and follow the same process as the limbs to make 2.
- On the right side of one of the heads, sew the white felt muzzle in place with white thread. Sew the grey nose on top with grey thread.
- Lay the two head/body pieces right sides together and pin, trapping the ears in place between the layers, facing inwards. Also include and pin two limbs just below the neck, facing inwards between the layers. Leave the flat edge at the bottom of the body pieces open.
- Sew the heads and bodies together, following the pins and trapping the ears and arms between the layers. Remember to leave the flat edge at the bottom open.
- Turn right side out.
- Fold the flat edges at the bottom of the bodies inwards 1cm and press.
- Stuff the body and head of the bear.
- Insert the 2 remaining limbs at the bottom of the body. Pin in place and sew the bottom edge closed with invisible stitch, catching the legs as well to fix them in place.
- Using grey embroidery thread, sew a mouth below the nose on the white felt muzzle. Then sew two french knots for eyes above the muzzle.
- Using white embroidery thread, sew ‘fur’ details on the forehead and tummy of the bear.
- Cast on 30 stitches in pink yarn on the knitting needles.
- Knit stocking stitch for 10 rows and then cast off.
- Loop the scarf round the neck of the bear twice and sew the ends together.