Hessian flower Journal
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Create your own journal using our large stem die, simple yet it makes the beautiful diary/journal.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Wrapped Journal
- Sizzix Bigz L Die - Large Stems
- Sizzix Accessory - 8 Fabric Pieces
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Mountboard, Hessian fabric, Mod Podge (Matte), Assorted Acrylic paints, Twine, Wooden button, Crop-a-dile
- Cut a rectangle of mountboard slightly larger than the area of the Wrapped Journal die.
- Use Mod Podge to cover both sides with hessian fabric and seal with another coat of Mod Podge and leave to dry.
- Die-cut the cover of the journal from the hessian covered mountboard.
- Attach hessian fabric to another piece of mountboard and use to die-cut the flower before sealing with Mod Podge.
- Use acrylics to paint the flower and cover in your chosen colours and allow to dry before sealing with a further coat of Mod Podge.
- Insert and secure your chosen pages/notebooks into the journal and attach the flower to the front cover.
- Use a Crop-a-dile to punch small holes into the cover either die of the flower stalk near the base and use a length twine to thread a wooden button in place.
- Wrap the rest of the twine around the journal to secure.