Mixed Media Journal
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
The dies used here are so versatile, they can be used for any kind of project from journaling like above, to home decor and cardmaking.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz L Die - Large Stems
- Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Wrapped Journal
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Mountboard, White gesso, Crackle paste, Spritzer, Distress Spray Stains (Ranger), Assorted stamps and black inkpad, Brass fasteners, Twine, Philosophy Tags (idea-ology)
- Die-cut the journal cover and large daisy from plain mountboard and paint both sides with white gesso.
- Attach the daisy to the cover and trim away the stalk where it overhangs the edge.
- Use a palette knife to apply crackle paste and leave to dry so that the cracks develop.
- Apply various colours of Distress stain and blend with a water spritzer.
- Apply white gesso to the daisy using a dry brush technique to enhance the contrast and add some stamped detail.
- Insert your pages and attach the fasteners before wrapping with twine and adding the metal tag.