Sophie started working for Ellison in February 2015. Since then, she has enjoyed developing her style and skills within the company, and most of all, has enjoyed seeing her initial sketches and designs become products. She studied Art and Design at Central Saint Martins and has a degree in Textiles Design from Manchester University. She has always been strongly inspired by current trends, illustrations, surface patterns, natural elements and travel. When she isn't at work, she's still continuing her love of design by producing hand-printed textiles and papers while finding time to draw and experiment in her sketchbook.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Layered in cardstock and moulded to add dimension or stitched onto sewing projects, this poppy makes a beautiful addition to our Bigz flower collection, and in different colours it’s a flower that lasts all year! Also make an Easter Headband.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Poppy
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Flowers, 3-D
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 7PK - Ovals
- Sizzix Accessory – Ribbon, 5PK (Assorted Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory - Felt Sheets, 10PK (10 Colours Pastels)
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: 3 pink pom poms, Hairband, Photo mount spray
- Affix the dark pink, light pink, light green, blue and cream felt sheets to their correspondingly-coloured cardstock using photo mount.
- Leave some cream felt loose for the roses.
- Wrap the mint ribbon around the hairband, using hot glue to fix in place.
- Cut four small poppy petals in dark pink card-backed felt.
- Cut two small poppy petals in blue card-backed felt.
- Cut four leaves in light green card-backed felt.
- Cut three poppy centres in cream card-backed felt.
- Cut two scalloped-edged roses in cream felt.
- Cut two large roses in yellow felt.
- Using large oval Framlits, cut two ‘ears’ out of the cream card-backed felt and two smaller inner ears out of light pink card-backed felt.
- Hot glue the light pink inner ears onto the cream ears. Then fold the bottom of the ears under the hairband and hot glue in place.
- Layer two dark pink poppy petals and hot glue in place.
- Repeat with the remaining two dark pink petals and the blue petals.
- Hot glue the cream centres in the middle of each poppy, with a pink pom pom on top.
- Roll the roses to form the flower and hot glue to hold.
- Pinch each leaf in half to add dimension.
- Glue the blue poppy in the centre of the hairband, with a cream and yellow rose either side. Glue the dark pink poppies to the left and right of the arrangement in the middle.
- Glue the leaves in pairs behind the dark pink poppies.