Layered in cardstock and moulded to add dimension or stitched onto sewing projects, this poppy makes a beautiful addition to our Bigz flower collection, and in different colours it's a flower that lasts all year! Also make an Easter Headband.
Other Supplies: 3 pink pom-poms, Hairband, Photo mount spray
- Affix the dark pink, light pink, light green, blue and cream felt sheets to their correspondingly-coloured cardstock using photo mount.
- Leave some cream felt loose for the roses.
- Wrap the mint ribbon around the hairband, using hot glue to fix in place.
- Cut four small poppy petals in dark pink card-backed felt.
- Cut two small poppy petals in blue card-backed felt.
- Cut four leaves in light green card-backed felt.
- Cut three poppy centres in cream card-backed felt.
- Cut two scalloped-edged roses in cream felt.
- Cut two large roses in yellow felt.
- Using large oval Framelits, cut two ‘ears’ out of the cream card-backed felt and two smaller inner ears out of light pink card-backed felt.
- Hot glue the light pink inner ears onto the cream ears. Then fold the bottom of the ears under the hairband and hot glue in place.
- Layer two dark pink poppy petals and hot glue in place.
- Repeat with the remaining two dark pink petals and the blue petals.
- Hot glue the cream centres in the middle of each poppy, with a pink pom-pom on top.
- Roll the roses to form the flower and hot glue to hold.
- Pinch each leaf in half to add dimension.
- Glue the blue poppy in the centre of the hairband, with a cream and yellow rose either side. Glue the dark pink poppies to the left and right of the arrangement in the middle.
- Glue the leaves in pairs behind the dark pink poppies.