Birthday Window Card
Starting in kindergarten, Courtney found herself more attracted to finger painting than playing with toys. It was clear that a career in art awaited. After earning her B.F.A. in Illustration from Cal State Fullerton, she continued to paint, while being influenced by pop culture. As a Sizzix in-house designer, Courtney combines traditional drawing and digital technique to express her fresh, youthful style. Outside of work, Courtney works on her art and loves to visit Disneyland.View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
This greeting goes great with any friend! You can create an inspired handmade card for any season or reason.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 22PK - Birthday Shadow Box
- Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
Other Supplies: Foam squares, Diamante gems
- Fold the white card in half and trim to create a card.
- Cut a rectangle in pale pink, slightly smaller than your card. Place the largest rectangle die in the centre and cut out using the BigShot to create a window.
- Cut another rectangle out in dark pink. Place the medium rectangle die in the centre and cut out using the BigShot to create a window.
- Cut another rectangle out in pale green. Place the smallest rectangle die in the centre and cut out using the BigShot to create a window.
- Cut out the scalloped roof in pale green and in cream. Cut the green piece along the crease lines to give individual stripes. Stick these onto the cream piece to create alternate green and cream stripes.
- Cut out the balloon, cake stands, balloon and one medium fan centre in pale green.
- Cut out the present, scalloped icing pieces, cupcake, cake slice and one large fan centre in pale pink.
- Cut out the two table cloths, present ribbon cross, bunting and one small fan outer circle in blue.
- Cut out the cake slice, cupcake, cake tiers, present bows, balloon string, two (large and medium) fan outer circles and one small fan centre in cream.
- Mount the green rectangle cut out in the centre of your card with foam squares.
- Mount the dark pink rectangle on top with foam squares.
- Mount the pale pink rectangle on top of that with foam squares.
- Glue the large pale pink fan centre onto the corresponding cream fan circle. Glue the medium pale green fan centre onto the corresponding cream fan circle. Glue the small cream fan centre onto the small blue fan circle. Stick diamante gems in the centre of each fan.
- Mount the fans on foam pads at the top of the white card visible through the green rectangle cut out.
- Glue the blue bunting across the top right corner of the dark pink rectangle.
- Fold the striped roof piece along the crease lines at the top and bottom.
- Glue the top straight edge to the pale pink rectangle. Stick the bottom edge down with layered foam squares onto the dark pink rectangle to give dimension.
- Glue the balloon string to the side on the pale pink rectangle. Mount the balloon on top with foam squares.
- Glue the large table cloth on the dark pink rectangle on the left, using layered foam squares to stick it on to the green and white underneath.
- Repeat this process with the smaller table cloth on the right-hand side of the dark pink rectangle, slightly higher than the first.
- Glue the pink icing onto the cake tiers. Glue the small cake tier on top of the larger one. Glue the small cream bow on top of the small tier. Glue the whole cake onto the large cake stand and then onto the large tablecloth on the left, using layered foam squares to stick it to the card underneath.
- Glue the cream cupcake case onto to the pink cupcake shape and stick onto the large table cloth next to the tiered cake.
- Glue the ribbon cross onto the present and stick the large cream bow on top. Glue onto the small table cloth on the right.
- Glue the cream cake slice layers onto the pink cake slice base. Stick onto the small cake stand and then onto the small table cloth next to the present, tucking slightly under the pale pink rectangle.