Bunny Hairband #2
Sophie started working for Ellison in February 2015. Since then, she has enjoyed developing her style and skills within the company, and most of all, has enjoyed seeing her initial sketches and designs become products. She studied Art and Design at Central Saint Martins and has a degree in Textiles Design from Manchester University. She has always been strongly inspired by current trends, illustrations, surface patterns, natural elements and travel. When she isn't at work, she's still continuing her love of design by producing hand-printed textiles and papers while finding time to draw and experiment in her sketchbook.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Layered in cardstock and moulded to add dimension or stitched onto sewing projects, this poppy makes a beautiful addition to our Bigz flower collection, and in different colours it’s a flower that lasts all year! Which can also make a beautiful headband.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Flowers, 3-D
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Poppy
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 7PK - Ovals
- Sizzix Accessory – Ribbon, 5PK (Assorted Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory - Felt Sheets, 10PK (10 Colours Bold)
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies:Hairband, Blue beads x2, Yellow beads x3
- Affix the grey, light pink, light green and blue felt sheets to their correspondingly-coloured cardstock using photo mount.
- Wrap the grey ribbon around the hairband, using hot glue to fix in place.
- Cut two small and two large poppy petals in blue card-backed felt.
- Cut six poppy centres in grey card-backed felt.
- Cut four leaves in light green card-backed felt.
- Cut eight small poppy petals in orange felt.
- Cut eight small poppy petals in yellow felt.
- Cut two large roses in white felt.
- Using large oval Framelits, cut two ‘ears’ out of the grey card-backed felt and two smaller inner ears out of light pink card-backed felt.
- Hot glue the light pink inner ears onto the grey ears. Then fold the bottom of the ears under the hairband and hot glue in place.
- Layer the small blue poppy petals on top of the large petals and hot glue in place.
- Layer four small orange poppy petals and hot glue in place. Repeat with the remaining four orange petals and the yellow petals.
- Hot glue the grey centres in the middle of each poppy, with two centres overlapping on the large blue poppy.
- Glue a blue bead in the centre of the orange poppies and yellow beads in the centre of the yellow and blue poppies.
- Roll the roses to form the flower and hot glue to hold.
- Pinch each leaf in half to add dimension.
- Glue the blue poppy in the centre of the hairband, with a white rose either side.
- Glue the orange and yellow poppies to the left and right of the arrangement in the middle.
- Glue the leaves in pairs behind the yellow poppies.