Emily joined Sizzix after completing her Graphic Design degree at the University of Chester in 2017. In her final year of University she specialised in surface pattern design and loves anything pattern based. She is inspired by current trends, textile prints and fabric; incorporating these into her die designs where possible. She also enjoys using our dies to applique and to create textile-based projects and when she isn’t at work, she enjoys sewing, making cushions for the home and creating her own clothes for festivals.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
This die is so versatile, it can be used to make so many spring vibrant makes, just like this picnic blanket.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Wild Leaves
- Sizzix Accessory - Adhesive Iron-On Sheet
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: White fabric, Teal fabric, Yellow gingham fabric, Green fabric, Blue polka dot fabric, Yellow fabric, White thread, Sewing machine, Iron, White pom pom trim, Needle
- Iron a piece of iron-on adhesive to each type of fabric except the white.
- Using these backed fabrics, cut out multiple gingham flowers with yellow centres and teal, polka dot and green leaves in different sizes.
- Cut two large circles in the white fabric.
- Peel off the adhesive sheet back on each of the pieces.
- Iron the flowers and leaves randomly onto one of the white circles, scattering from the edge out towards the middle.
- Stitch up the middle of each leaf in white thread.
- Pin the two circles right sides together, including the pom pom trim between the layers around the edge, with the pom poms facing inwards.
- Sew around the edge with white thread, fixing the pom poms in place and leaving a 20cm gap open.
- Turn the blanket right side out through the gap and close the opening by hand stitching.