Sophie started working for Ellison in February 2015. Since then, she has enjoyed developing her style and skills within the company, and most of all, has enjoyed seeing her initial sketches and designs become products. She studied Art and Design at Central Saint Martins and has a degree in Textiles Design from Manchester University. She has always been strongly inspired by current trends, illustrations, surface patterns, natural elements and travel. When she isn't at work, she's still continuing her love of design by producing hand-printed textiles and papers while finding time to draw and experiment in her sketchbook.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
This poppy makes a beautiful addition to our Bigz flower collection, and in different colours it’s a flower that lasts all year!
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Poppy
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory - Paper Sculpting Kit
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
- Wrap the string around the neck of the bottle and hot glue to fix. Trim ends.
- Cut out 4 large poppy petals and 4 small poppy petals in dark pink.
- Cut out 2 large poppy petals and 2 small poppy petals in yellow.
- Cut out 6 large poppy centres in dark grey.
- Cut out 2 small poppy centres in light pink.
- Cut out 1 small poppy centre in yellow.
- Cut out 3 leaves in green.
- Use the paper sculpting kit to add dimension to each element.
- Using the hot glue gun, layer two large dark pink poppy petals and two small pink poppy petals. Rotate each petal layer slightly so there are no gaps between them.
- Glue the dark grey centres on top following the same method.
- Glue the light pink centre on top.
- Glue one leaf onto the back of the flower.
- Poke a hole through the centre of the flower using the paper sculpting kit.
- Fold 2 stamen in half and feed the folded end through the hole with tweezers.
- Repeat the whole process with the remaining pink petals and the yellow ones so you end up with two complete pink poppies and one yellow one.
- Cut three wire ‘stems’.
- Bend the wires at one end with the pliers to make a flat base for the flowers to sit on.
- Hot glue each flower onto a piece of wire.
- Place flowers into bottle.