Baby Mini Album
When Lynda isn’t creating new designs for Sizzix as a Senior Product Designer, she can be found creating in her studio. With a degree in Graphic Design, she’s also a life-long artist/maker who has experimented with everything from watercolor and wood carving to quilting and silk screen printing. Throughout her career, she’s designed innovative packaging, book/magazine designs and advertising, but her passion has always been making art. You can follow Lynda’s creative adventures at LyndaCreates.com.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Start by creating an entire library of mini albums and fill them with lots of happy memories. With a Bigz die, it’s fun and easy to make several mini albums at once.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz L Die - Album, Mini
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 7PK - Creative Corners
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK - Midnight Hare
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 12PK - New Baby #2
- Sizzix Sidekick Side-Order Thinlits Set - Critters
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 10PK - Envelope Liners, A7, Intricate
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 7PK - Dress Box
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles, Scallop
- Sizzix Accessory - Crease & Curl Tool
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies:Felt, Pattern Cardstock (Two Coordinating Patterns), Adhesive Tabs, Double-sided Tape , Paper Trimmer, Rhinestones, Ribbon, Scissors, Scoring Pal, Wet Adhesive.
- Die-cut all three bases from the Mini Album Die Set out of solid white cardstock, and crease along the score lines.
- Die-cut the stars from the larger white base, using the stars from the Thinlits Midnight Hare Die Set.
- Next, cut a strip that measures ½" x 1 ¾" from vanilla cardstock, and adhere over the stars in the center of the base.
- Begin adhering all bases together by stacking them into one another using red tape adhesive in the middle of the bases.
- Die-cut seven pages from the Mini Album Die from the following colors: three from Vanilla, three from Spring Breeze and one from White.
- Using red tape, adhere one pink page to the back of the white label base spine.
- Cut a piece of pattern paper that measures 2" x 3" and adhere along the bottom of the back page.
- Cut a piece of the same pattern paper that measures 4 ½" x 2 ½", and adhere to the front of the page.
- Adhere this page to the outside of the next white base spine.
- Die-cut the envelope liner using the large envelope Thinlits from vanilla cardstock.
- Die-cut a page from the mini album die, and adhere to the large envelope liner by adding red tape along three sides of the page. Leave the top open.
- Using scissors cut off the sides of the excess envelope liner.
- Using your Score Pal score right above the top of the page. This will help the top of the envelope liner fold down.
- Adhere an adhesive tab to the pocket about 1" from the center. This will become your closure, and help to open and close your envelope pocket.
- Die-cut the bow and tails from the dress box die from white cardstock.
- Using your Crease & Curl Tool, loosen the fibers from the white bow.
- Using the hot glue gun, assemble the bow together.
- Die-cut the center of the bow from spring breeze, and adhere to the center of the bow.
- Adhere bow to the center of the tails.
- Using red tape adhere pink envelope to the inside of the spine base.
- Take one of the spring breeze pages, and die-cut the word “baby” from the upper left corner of the page.
- Die-cut the word “baby” from vanilla cardstock.
- Adhere both pages together, and fill in the word baby with the vanilla letters using wet adhesive.
- Next die-cut a smaller scallop that measures 1 ½" from white cardstock, and die-cut a 1" circle from vanilla cardstock to nestle inside the scallop. Adhere with adhesive.
- Die-cut the lamb from a variety of felt, and assemble. Adhere lamb to the center of the vanilla circle with a glue gun.
- Die-cut two small hearts from white cardstock, and adhere underneath the word “baby.” Repeat steps 10-14 to create the next envelope, but using white cardstock.
- Repeat steps 15-19 to create another bow using vanilla cardstock for the bow/tails, and spring breeze for the center of the bow.
- Adhere white envelope to the inside of the next base spine.
- Cut a coordinating pattern paper measuring 4 ½" x 2 ¾". Adhere to the back of the white envelope page.
- Cut a piece of spring breeze into an angle, and adhere to the bottom left hand side of the page, only using adhesive along the sides leaving the top open.
- Die-cut a onesie from the New Baby Die Set from white and vanilla cardstock. Embellish as desired using the coordinating elements.
- Die-cut a corner from the corner set from vanilla cardstock, and adhere to the spring breeze element.
- Embellish with a die-cut heart from white cardstock.
- Adhere a vanilla page to the outside of the final base spine.
- Die-cut the hare from white cardstock, and adhere to the bottom of the mini album. Die-cut the flowers in this die from spring breeze, and layer over the white flowers to add contrast.
- Embellish centers of flowers with small rhinestones using wet adhesive.
- Embellish cover with a coordinating ribbon.