Spring Flower Box Card
When Lynda isn’t creating new designs for Sizzix as a Senior Product Designer, she can be found creating in her studio. With a degree in Graphic Design, she’s also a life-long artist/maker who has experimented with everything from watercolor and wood carving to quilting and silk screen printing. Throughout her career, she’s designed innovative packaging, book/magazine designs and advertising, but her passion has always been making art. You can follow Lynda’s creative adventures at LyndaCreates.com.View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Inspired by nature, colourful flowers and leaves pop up to fill a card.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 12PK - Card in a Box, Flower Basket
- Sizzix Accessory - Cardstock Sheets, 80PK (20 Colours)
- Sizzix Accessory - Paper Sculpting Kit
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Cardstock (White), Patterned Papers, Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner, Liquid Adhesive, Paper Trimmer, Rhinestones
- Die-cut a variety of layered flowers from the Card in a Box, Flower Basket set out of patterned paper and cardstock as desired. Die-cut a desired quantity of the tall leaf sprigs from the same die set out of aqua and green cardstock.
- Add dimension to the flowers and leaves using the stylus tools and moulding pad from the Paper Sculpting Kit to create lifelike petal manipulations. Once the petals and leaves are sculpted, layer and adhere the flowers together with liquid adhesive.
- Cut a 3 1/2" x 5" piece of white cardstock. Arrange the leaf sprigs at varying heights along the bottom edge of the cardstock, and adhere with liquid adhesive.
- Cut a 1/2" x 5" strip of brown cardstock. Adhere the strip to the bottom of the white cardstock with double-sided adhesive, covering the ends of the leaf sprigs.
- Adhere the layered flowers to the leaf sprigs with hot glue as desired, to make them appear as flower stems.
- Cut a 5 1/2" x 8 1/4" piece of white cardstock, and fold in half to create a card base. Cut a 5 1/4" x 3 3/4" piece of coral cardstock and a 4" x 5 1/2" piece of patterned paper. Layer and adhere the patterned paper and the coral cardstock to the card front with double-sided tape. Centre and adhere the white cardstock with the flowers to the coral cardstock with double-sided tape.
- Using tweezers from the Paper Sculpting Kit, adhere rhinestones to the centres of the flowers with liquid adhesive.