Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
Retro-inspired shapes out of almost any material—chipboard, mat board, even mirrored cardstock—to add dynamic interest to all kinds of makes. Pair with the Atomic Elements Thinlits™ Die Set for out of this world makes.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Atomic
- Sizzix Bigz XL Alphabet Die - Society
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Assorted Acrylic paints, Mount board, Barbecue skewers and wood block, Hair putty
- Die-cut all the elements from mount board.
- Paint all the die-cuts using raw sienna (deep red/brown) acrylic paint.
- Use men’s hair putty as a resist and apply to the die-cuts where you want rust patches to appear.
- Paint the separate die-cuts using a 1950’s colour palette.
- Once the paint is dry wipe away the areas where the hair clay has been applied with some kitchen paper to expose the rust colour.
- Drill two holes into the wood block and insert the barbecue skewers before painting/distressing as before.
- Use a glue gun to mount the die-cuts onto the painted skewers.
- Water down some orange paint and apply to some of the die cuts with a brush so that it drips down the surface to mimic the effect of rust discolouration.