Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
New to die-cutting?
Or simply want to know more about it? We've got plenty of tips and tricks to help you get started.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
These faceted, dimensional hearts are the perfect decorative addition for any romantic occasion. Here it has been used for a frame and also a card.
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 2PK - Faceted Heart
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Exclusive Extras
Other Supplies: Wood patterned paper, Assorted Distress Inks, Mirror card, Assorted Stamps, Screw head brad, Wooden picture frame
- Die-cut the large heart from wood patterned paper and fold along the crease lines.
- Apply Distress Ink to the creases to add contrast.
- Assemble the 3D heart by applying a suitable PVA glue to the tabs.
- Insert a different shade of wood patterned paper into the frame and print or stamp your sentiment before trimming to size and inking the edges.
- Mount the heart and sentiment into the frame using adhesive foam pads.
- Apply stamped detail to your white base card using light grey ink.
- Cut strips of the patterned paper and ink the edges before mounting onto the base card.
- Die-cut the small heart from gold card and assemble.
- Print or stamp your sentiment before trimming to size and inking the edges.
- Attach the sentiment to the card using a screw head brad and mount the heart in place.
For the card: