This die has been used to create industrial, urban and high-voltage creativity.
Theme: Decorative Elements
Other Supplies: Wood effect paper, Assorted Acrylic Paints, Assorted stamps, Mount board, Black Gesso, Natural sponge, Silver gilding wax
- Cover both sides of a rectangle of mount board with wood patterned paper and use to die-cut the journal cover. Insert your chosen pages/notepads.
- Die-cut the separate elements to create the voltage meter from mount board including eight sets of bolts.
- Cut a rectangle of mount board to fit onto the cover of the journal. Use a suitable punch to round off the corners and mount the die-cut elements in place.
- Paint the assembled meter using black gesso and allow to dry.
- Create the rust effect by applying the various shades of acrylic with a natural sponge starting with the darkest colour.
- Apply the pale blue paint by dragging the sponge across the surface and add some stamped detail.
- Apply a little gilding wax to the edges of the die-cuts to add contrast and mount onto the journal.