Tim Holtz is a signature product designer for various companies in the craft industry including Sizzix® Alterations™, Ranger Industries®, Advantus®/idea-ology®, Stampers Anonymous, Tonic Studios® and Westminster Fibers. Tim plays an integral part in the development and design of cutting-edge crafting products bringing his unique vintage style. As a well-known designer, Tim travels across the country and internationally to educate and introduce people to his world of techniques and philosophy to simply enjoy the journey...View Designer
Class is now in session! Discover all the essentials to empower your creativity.Learn More
Will it work with my machine?
Look below to explore the complete compatibility of this product
This flower notebook has been used with intricate, detailed silhouettes for creative papercraft.
Themes: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Sizzix Die(s) Used
- Sizzix Bigz L Die - Large Stems
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Express Machine Only (White & Gray)
- Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine (White and Grey) with Free Bonus Content
Other Supplies: Marquetry wood, Mount board, Gesso and brayer, Crackle paste, Distress Spray Stains, Twine, Kraft notebook
- Print or stamp your sentiment onto ivory card and apply some Antique Linen ink before spritzing with clean water to create a ‘mottled paper’ effect and mount onto the notebook securing with staples.
- Cut three strips of marquetry wood and apply a thin layer of white gesso using a brayer allowing the grain of the wood to show through.
- Die-cut the flower and foliage from mount board and apply white gesso.
- Apply some white crackle paste to the die-cuts using a palette knife and leave to dry.
- Apply various shades of Distress Spray Stain to the die-cuts.
- Mount the wood strips onto a rectangle of Kraft card and attach the die-cuts using a glue gun.
- Wrap a length of natural twine near the base and finish in a knot at the point where they cross over the die-cut shapes before mounting onto the notebook.